Naya Raipur is the first Greenfield Smartest City in the Country which also serves as the administrative capital of the state of Chhattisgarh. It spread across 8000 acres and it is also referred as the first well-planned eco-friendly smart city of 21st Century. New Raipur is also the fourth well-planned State Capital of the country after Gandhinagar, Chandigarh and Bhubaneswar.
“I am delighted to know that Naya Raipur is the First planned capital city of 21st Century in India and is being developed as a modern and green city. Special features such as rain water harvesting and harvesting of solar energy has been included to make it eco-friendly. Comfort and security to the citizens is being ensured through dedicated bus lanes, cycle tracks, pedestrian pathways and barrier free movement. A Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) is also being developed from the initial stage to provide green and clean public transport system.”
– PRANAB MUKHERJEE, President of India
“Development and planning of Naya Raipur is spectacular. We should learn how planning and development of the city is done which is good for any city’s development.”
– Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
“Building of water reservoirs in Naya Raipur is being considered as a big achievement and is an example for other cities too. This incredible effort of NRDA is good for future as building reservoirs in developing cities is a big task.”
- RAVISHANKAR PRASAD, Minister of Communications and Information
Technology Government of India
“Naya Raipur will be the flag bearer of a resurgent Chhattisgarh. It will reflect the rich heritage and natural beauty of the state while marching ahead to become India’s best planned and modern city”
- Raman Singh, Chief Minister, Chhattisgarh
Capital Ideas for Capital City
- Water resources
- Sanitation and Waste Management.
- Drainage System
- Telecom Service
- Sustainable Urban Transport Project (SUTP)
- Special Economic Zones (SEZ)
Visions for Development
- This city in every means will be a ‘Green City’. Large areas have been brought under tree plantation.
- Inclusion of water conservation and recycling systems.
- Maximum encouragement to the use of the Non-conventional Energy resources such as Solar Energy.
- The city reflects the rich culture of the state and the nation in its urban design and architecture.
- Special Efforts have been laid down to make the city people friendly and visitor friendly too.
- There are plans to construct a sports complex, a central business district, logistics hub, a gem and jewelry park, an Information Technology SEZ, museums, and university research and institutional complex.
- Other amenities planned for the residents are shopping malls and multiplexes, an 18-hole Golf course, Convention center, and star hotels– all geared to make the city a modern, visitor friendly and people friendly place to live.